Why Nott Me

Monday, February 26, 2007




SOCK...something is not quite right... with the sides of my toes! I think its just inexperience. That and I don't think I picked up the wraps quite right. could be that I'm knitting way to tight!
So I'm going to rip it all out and start over.. again. And for those of you wondering, my model is my chicken pin cushion that my grandmother made for me when I started sewing in high school. I call it chicky babe. It has served me well over the years and since my hubby wouldn't let me pin the toe to his.. chicky babe volunteered.
I would take any suggestions on the knitting. And ideas what I've done wrong.. I mean there are holes and I know there shouldn't be. duh...
And for anyone wondering what sock pattern I'm using. I'm using Wendyknits toe-up pattern. It sounded like something I could do... I've not giving up. I mean after all, it looks like a toe of a sock! it just has... holes!


Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger EricaLynn said...

It's me putting in my two cents again:) I've knit a couple of socks this way, and most of them have small gaps. They tend to fill in a bit with wear. However, you can try twisting your stitches (knitting through the back loop instead of the usual way). I tend to pick them all up a little differently and just fiddle with it until it looks tight enough. Also, are you doing it where you end up with two wraps per stitch? It seems to help if you pick up both wraps if this is your method. Don't be discouraged! The first one is always the hardest, and before you know it you will have memorized your toes and heels and be a professional at it:) One of my roommates had a little trouble with her first pair, they took her almost a year. Since then she's whipped out a pair every couple of weeks!

26 February, 2007 20:51  
Blogger Teresa said...

Hey you are doing well. At least it looks remotely like a sock and not a blob of yarn, which is what I tend to get. :)

27 February, 2007 13:27  
Blogger Carol-Ann Allen said...

Must say I looked at Chickie Babe and wondered what in the world you were calling a knitted sock! I thought at first she was the sock with a knitted little something at one end and beads sown on all over the place in random clumps!

Love the name, "Chickie Babe"! She could become a little pet as you work!

No help from me on this project I'm afraid! ericalynn's comments were like readin' Greek!

28 February, 2007 21:46  
Blogger EricaLynn said...

It's me again, just wanted to say thanks for the birthday wishes and I can't wait to see your progress again:)

07 March, 2007 21:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home