Why Nott Me

Thursday, February 22, 2007


SOCKS - this is the yarn I pickup up today and the needles to start my first pair of socks. I considered taking a class. But so far I've been able to follow patterns, so I'm going to try. If I decide to take a class, it might be the one to learn knitting with the magic loop and doing two socks at the same time! The class cost is $60 plus material (yarn & needles!) But I've got a couple of weeks before I have to decide!. So now comes the "test" of skill.
Also I found a "FIBER FESTIVAl". It was on the Events on the Daily Knitter. It's in Greencastle, Indiana! I can't wait to go. I am very excited since I've never been to anything like that! But it's not until April. So I've got a bit of a wait.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger EricaLynn said...

Yay for sock yarn! Do you have a pattern yet? I bet you could figure it out yourself as long as your pattern gives good heel instructions. 60 bucks sounds a little steep to me, is there more than one session of the class? I sure hope you get to feeling better quickly and don't have to stay on the new med.

23 February, 2007 01:18  
Blogger EricaLynn said...

Ok, it's me again. I wanted to see if I could help you with the wrap thing that you mentioned on my blog, and I'm not smart enough to figure out where your email address is... So if you're looking at the right (knit) side of your work, you'll knit up until the very next st on your left needle is the one to be wrapped. Bring the yarn to the front (like when you're purling) slip the next st onto the r.hand needle, put the yarn in the back (to knit again) and slip the 'wrapped' st back to the l.hand needle. then you just turn your work and purl until it's time to do the same thing on the back side. This makes the rows one st. sorter each time you don't actually knit all the way across. I hope this made sense. If it made your head hurt, just ignore it:) I usually knit socks with heel flaps. You still have to do short rows, I just don't usually wrap anything. Good luck!

24 February, 2007 01:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home