Why Nott Me

Sunday, October 16, 2005

SURPRISE!
We were on our way home from work on Thursday evening, after our chiropractor appointments. When I remembered that I hadn’t heard from my mother-in-law or sister-in-law. We usually do “Mexican” Thursday’s and meet them in town. I had been so busy at work that I hadn’t thought about it. I’m driving, on the back road, going slowly (because he usually likes me to) I should have been curious when he wanted to know why I was going so slowly, said he had stuff to do at home. But I didn’t think much of it, just couldn’t figure it out.

Then when we get home, he said he wasn’t very hungry. I had tried to get him to go out to eat and he wasn’t interested. Okay, by this time I’m getting aggregated. Why? Because I want to get dinner cooked, eaten and cleaned up!

So I go ahead and go down to the basement to start a load of laundry. Then I came back up to the kitchen to start dinner, whether or not he’s hungry, I figured he’d eat it! Then I notice someone pulling into the driveway. I told Bart it’s probably the neighbors they had mentioned dropping off a book. He didn’t say anything, but he was picking up so things in the living room that were sitting around. He does that sometime, but he just grinned at me.

Into the house came my parents, my sister and her family, my brother and his family, his mother and my sister-in-law and her twin girls. Hummm… I look at him as said. “What did you do?” He just grinned. He was having a surprise birthday party for me. Aaagghh.. Okay I had had a cold earlier that week, my house was a wreck. But its family, I just smile. And they carried in food, paper stuff to eat with, cake and ice cream! It was a very nice gathering. And much unsuspected. Nice touch from my husband who still surprises me.

We had talked earlier in the week, had agreed there weren’t enough hours in the week to worry about doing anything for my birthday, and I was fine with that. But no, he couldn’t stand it. I turned 40 on Friday, October 14th.

2 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

It is not possible that you can be 40!!!!!
Hope you had a smashing day!

17 October, 2005 16:04  
Blogger Sheryl said...

Thank You T,
I don't feel it so I guess that's the best part!

17 October, 2005 18:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home