Why Nott Me

Saturday, October 08, 2005

SATURDAY
I’ve been practicing and hope that I have the confidance to sing this Sunday at church. Time will tell. I believe that you can do anything with God’s help. And sometimes that means turning it all over to him, even if you have to wait for his answer. I believe that he taking care of Bart and I right now. I see things in our lives and know that it is in his time, not ours. And I praise him and thank God for everything.

SONG:Selah - You Raise Me Up Lyrics
When I am down, and oh my soul, so weary.
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be.
Then I am still and wait here in the silence.
Until You come and sit awhile with me.
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.
There is no life. No life without its hunger.
Each restless heart beats so imperfectly.
But when you come and I am filled with wonder.
Sometimes I think I glimpse eternity.
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.
You raise me up so I can stand on mountains.
You raise me up to walk on stormy seas.
I am strong when I am on your shoulders.
You raise me up to more than I can be.

4 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Josh Groban sings this same song and it is beautiful. I am sure you will sound like an angel!

09 October, 2005 14:34  
Blogger Barbara said...

I love this song - I play it often.

We have a very popular boy band over here called Westlife. They are about to release their version which is wonderful - so I will actually know a song that is in the charts for once.

I hope your singing went well..I am sure it was glorious..

www.beingbarbara.com

12 October, 2005 07:14  
Blogger Sheryl said...

I didn't sing last Sunday (I was sure I needed more practice), but now I'm feeling better about the song and am planning on this Sunday. Confidence is a strange thing.

13 October, 2005 22:01  
Blogger Barbara said...

I know what you mean about confidence.

All mine has gone - completely - as I have now found out that there are some nodes (harmless growths) growing in the voicebox which makes my voice very erratic. It was so embarrasing to be in front of the whole church, with the band and microphone, and my voice petering out to just a screech....

I just can't sing in public any more. In fact, I am not supposed to sing - full stop.

www.beingbarbara.com

14 October, 2005 01:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home